Monday, August 18, 2008

Our little Hoosier dog...



It was a sad weekend for our little family this weekend. We had to take our little weiner dog, Hoosier, to a rescue organization in LA. He had bitten me pretty badly a couple of months ago and then two weeks ago when I went to pick him up at the kennel they told me he had bitten one of their personnel and would have to be quarantined by animal control for 10 days because of it! That was kind of the last straw for us since he has a history of doing things like this and we can't have that around the baby when she is born. So, we had to make the very difficult decision of giving him up. This was not easy for either of us since I bought Hoosier for Kurt as a birthday/Valentines gift back in college. He has been with us for 8.5 years and so we definitely feel an emptiness in our house now. Please say some prayers for us that we can now have some closure with this, especially Kurt since he spent so many years in Austin before we got married with Hoosier. We have faith that he will find a good "adult only" home- hopefully with people who have had dachshunds before and know what to expect!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh guys - we are sorry, I know this is a sad loss for both of you. Kyle and I were there at the beginning with Hoosier too! I remember him frequently peeing on me when I visited and Kyle fondly remembers the little present Hoosier left under his bed that remained for months before it was found! We'll miss him too...

Christa said...

Hey guys, Charles here:
Sorry to hear about Hu-dog. I still think back on the little fella and laugh at how those infamous bites were a hazing tool for upcoming pledges, intimidation for P's really big hands father, and how there was nothing like having the little fella curled up in your shirt on the couch and having the door bell ring..... kinda like getting clawed to near death.... yet at the same time giving us lots of goods stories to tell. I recommend we all look back and reflect on those crazy yet funny moments. Take care guys (Charles.. under his wife's blog profile....).