Monday, July 7, 2008

Howdy Y'all!


A side view of Susan and I with our "baby bellies"! As you can tell I have a long way to go still!


Mom and Dad


With my college roomie Rachel Fisher


With my old back door neighbor and childhood friend, Julie Young


My Mom's best friends who are like family to me, Betty Hamilton and Mary Ann Grimsrud



Last week I went back to Texas to help throw a baby shower for my best friend, Susan Williams. Susan in having a little boy that they will name Ethan in August! I also got to see Susan's new house while I was in town- it is so beautiful!! While in town I was able to meet up with lots of old friends for lunches/dinners- with the dual purpose of sneaking in some of my favorite food joints at the same time! It was so great to see everyone and catch up! Lyndsey, Alison and Holly- I am so bummed I forgot to take a picture when we had dinner so I could post it!! My parents were also kind enough to cart me around to look at baby furniture and bedding in the Rice Village and over on 1960. I didn't fly out until the 4th of July, so I was able to go see the Friendswood Parade in the morning and still be back in SB for the fireworks on West Beach with my honey!

Fire Update: This is for those of you that I haven't talked to but have been hearing about the fires in SB. It is really about 6-8 miles away from where we live and more over in Goleta (the little town that borders SB along the coast to the north and where Kurt works). It is the highest priority fire in California right now because it is so close to many homes. Many residents have been evacuated from their homes. We heard they have it up to 28% contained, so it appears to be getting better. We aren't getting much smoke and ash over here in SB unless the winds shift in the evening. It was pretty bad over in Goleta when I flew in on the 4th though- ash falling like tiny snow flurries.

1 comment:

NesrstaFamily said...

I still can't believe both you and Susan are pregnant! It just seems like yesterday we were all playing little dribblers!!! I am lovin your blog K. I hope we can meet up sometime in TX. Take care...