Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Big 3-0!







So yesterday marked a milestone for my life- I turned 30! Hard to believe since I sometimes still feel like a teenager! It was a good day though, as we have so much to look forward to this year! Kurt started off the day with a cute card that informed me that I was to keep my new iPhone (part of my present) close by me all day to receive further instructions. Throughout the day he kept texting me these clues that all led up to dinner on the beach at sunset last night! He was so cute, he had gone and gotten takeout from The Boathouse (this cool restaurant that just opened up on our favorite beach here) and had a blanket and everything laid out. It was nice that it was a Wednesday night because there were hardly any other people on the beach with us. He also gave me a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses I had been lusting after- to shield my eyes from the sun at sunset! Thanks, honey, for making me feel so special and loved on my birthday! Thanks also to my Mom and Dad who sent me the beautiful bouquet of flowers shown in the pictures above!

On another note, please say some prayers for my parents and the other residents of the Gulf Coast region. Hurricane Ike has turned in the last day and now appears to be going in much closer to Galveston than anticipated. My parents are packing and boarding up to leave town right now, as Friendswood is currently under a voluntary evacuation, but could switch to mandatory later on.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a sweet hubby -- love the sunglasses!