Tuesday, September 2, 2008

From SB to SD!



We spent Labor Day weekend in San Diego! Kurt had Friday off too, so we made it down to SD on Thursday night. We stayed at the most beautiful hotel, the Estancia La Jolla! I can't even count the weddings we saw there this weekend- beautiful grounds! We spent Friday at the San Diego Zoo. My favorites were probably the pandas since I don't know that I've seen one in a zoo before. Saturday we took a trolley tour of SD that you could hop on and off of to see the sights. Our first stop was the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier. Pretty much as soon as we got off the trolley we happened to pass two guys running. Turns out one was Kurt's marketing prof. from UT- how crazy to run into him out in SD! The Midway tour took several hours and we were pretty worn out by the time it was over- but we had so much more to do! We also got off in the Gaslamp Quarter and at Balboa Park. The Gaslamp Quarter was pretty cool with lots of restored restaurants in it- we enjoyed an icecream at Ghirardelli since we were so hot and tired by then! Balboa Park was beautiful and a definite place to go if only for a stroll. At the end of the day the trolley let us off in Old Town and we had some good Mexican food and most importantly fresh tortillas! Yum! Sunday was spent around La Jolla breakfasting, walking by the beach, laying by the pool, and finally a very nice dinner at George's. On Monday we had to drive back, but we drove a stretch of the PCH so I could see Laguna Beach (yes, I know I'm too old to be watching this show!) and Newport Beach. Very fun and pretty beach towns- but not enough time to stop! Oh well, all good things must come to an end, right??

1 comment:

Martin's said...

Wow! I wish I would have known you guys were going to be in SD last weekend. I was there visiting family! So glad you guys had such a great time! Hope you are doing well.